At Haslem, our customers always come first.
We are constantly striving to make sure our staff and guests are safe and sound whenever they’re with us. But don’t worry, you’ll still be able to sleep, eat, drink and relax in a comfortable, welcoming space with some subtle measures in place to keep you safe and sound!
Social distancing will be practiced in all public areas including food and beverage outlets within the hotel. This will be highlighted with helpful floor markings and other snazzy signs. Cashless transactions will be encouraged throughout all areas of the hotel and increased hygiene measures have been implemented, including the addition of hand sanitising stations at a number of points throughout the hotel.
Here’s the full lowdown on what you can expect:
Due to current Northern Ireland Executive regulations, proof of Covid certification is now required in order to access all licensed premises in Northern Ireland. This will therefore be a requirement if you intend to visit our bars and restaurants during your stay. Click here for full details from the Department of Health.
Guests can provide the following evidence of their Covid status:
1. Paper or digital vaccination certificate showing the person has completed a course of doses of an authorised vaccine. Evidence can be provided using any of the following:
- The Covid Certification App
- Aa vaccination card, showing dates of vaccination doses presented with photographic ID
- EU/GB digital certificates
2. Certification by text or email through the NHS Covid-19 reporting app of a negative lateral flow test (LFT) within 48 hours of arriving at the hotel.
3. Valid notification of a positive PCR test taken no earlier than 30 days and no later than 180 days of attending The Merchant Hotel
4. Medical exemption evidence. People are able to get the relevant documentation by phoning HSCNI. The process includes screening questions, confirmation
from relevant Health Trust and then production of a printed/digital certificate. The digital certificate will be available from 13th December.
Face coverings should be worn at all times when moving around in public areas of the hotel. We thank you in advance for your co-operation with this.
KEEPING IT CLEAN
We take your health and safety seriously and always have your best interests at heart. Keeping things spic and span has always been important to us, but we are now going the extra mile to make sure things are squeaky clean. Hand sanitizer stations will be placed at different points of the hotel alongside other health and safety guidance/material. We will continue to ensure hygiene and cleanliness are our top priority in all areas of the hotel. Keep it clean kids!
In-room, we’re going back to basics and will sticking to the essentials! We’ve scrapped things like pencils and notepads, but just give our reception team a shout if there’s anything you need! Your room will be cleaned to the highest standards, paying special attention to ‘high-touch’ areas like remote controls, door handles and light switches.
All our staff have been trained in the latest Covid-19 guidance, new cleaning standards and social-distancing practices before coming back to work. It’s the new normal. Where necessary, PPE will be provided for members of our team for their safety and yours.
WE NEED YOU!
We’re all in this together, so here are a few small favours we’d like to ask from you. Please take full advantage of the hand sanitizer we have provided! Please respect our social-distancing measures and be mindful of others when choosing a spot to sit or stand. And finally, if you’re feeling unwell or are ‘at-risk’, please stay safe and stick to government guidelines. We look forward to welcoming you again when it is safe.